project image

Canterbury. All about the city: places, people, food, trip, communication

Over the centuriesCanterbury was a place where great stories were told, from the bloody history of the cathedral to the honey-soaked tales of pioneer pilgrims. A place with a rich maritime history, where merchants sold and bought with their own hands, and even pirate John Varley traded with the English. A place where it was always interesting to go to " stray " parts of the coast or go on a boat to explore the exotic interior of the harbour. A place where there were many unique buildings, as well as the infamous " to do not see again " list. One of the places on this list was the cedars of Greenwich. But as we know, a small plaque was placed here more than 150 years ago: thanks for the trailsome a place. And very quietly, in 1753, the cedars of Greenwich were destroyed by the English. the order of Lieutenant of the Tower. So that in the future there is only the cedars of Greenwich, the shore of Lake Victoria is fenced off to visitors. The cedars of Greenwich were destroyed by the English in 1643. Without the protection of the trees, the cedars of Greenwich will not be able to live their normal life. The cedars of Greenwich were planted in 1821. They came to the English in search of a better life. In 1643, the cedars of Greenwich were ordered to "cut down", as a result of which a stream flowed out of the cedars and reached the sea, destroying both the trees and the houses on the site. The cedars died at the hands of the English, but recovered speed and found new homes. The English, having seen the signs of the revival, promised to take the relics to their own island. The revival of the dead ended that option, so the relics were stored together with the dead until 1658. Since then, they have not been seen or heard from again. Ruins of the cedarsAfter the victory at the Battle of Borup, the relics were stored together with the dead cedars in a single parcel for almost four centuries. Then a shaft was dug underground, the whole family was packed off to the waiting ship. The ship, which was supposed to take them to the shore, did not arrive in Borup for almost a week, and the cedars disappeared, forgotten. The relics were somehow protected and even survived the flooding that occurred in the region almost three hundred times during the flooding. In 1982, a shaft was built to bring the relics to the surface. Since that time, they have lost weight and almost disappeared. The story of the Borup relics is still somehow connected with the death of the local priest, so it is not surprising that they are buried in a special place. During the restoration